Solutions to End Poverty Permanently (STEPP)
STEPP is a program that provides a chance for low-income families to become first-time homeowners.
- No down payment required
- Homes are built at reduced construction prices
- Energy efficient designs help reduce utility costs
- Appliances are included
STEPP homes help Brandon families move from rental housing to home ownership and provide an opportunity to build equity.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible you must:
- have a total household income at or below $64,829
- pre-qualify for a mortgage from a credit union
- be a first-time homeowner with dependents
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Brandon, MB for 12 months prior to applying
Applications are available online and at the BNRC office:
410 9th Street (City Hall)
STEPP homes are brought to you by:
- Canadian Mental Health Association Westman
- Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
- Manitoba Housing Authority
- The City of Brandon
To donate to the STEPP Never Ending Low Income Housing Fund, please make cheques payable to:
Canadian Mental Health Association, Westman Region
23 - 12th Street
Brandon, MB R7A 4L9
Donations are tax-deductible and always appreciated. Please indicate that the donation is for the STEPP Homes Program.