Fresh Start recieves employment applications on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in more information please contact Florence Halcrow at 204 729 2492.
BEEP currently has a waiting list for employment training opportunities. For more information please contact Kristin Nickel at 204 729 2491.
Incredible Edible Assistant Contract
Reporting to the Community Development Coordinator, the Incredible Edible Assistant is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the Incredible Edible Brandon project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain planters and gardens including: planting, watering, weeding and cleaning;
- Record plant/planter conditions and determine vegetable ripeness;
- Assist with project workshops;
- Collect and/or distribute supplies;
- Assist volunteers.
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
- Valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle;
- Ability to work independently;
- Access to a cell phone;
- Basic gardening knowledge.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Access to a reliable vehicle;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Strong gardening skills;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in poor weather conditions.
Terms: This is a contract position for $20 per hour for 4-8 hours a week until September 14th.
Closing Date: April 27th, 2018 Anticipated Start Date: May 14th, 2018.
Mail To: BNRC, 410-9th Street (City Hall - Main Floor) Brandon, MB R7A 6A2
For more information, contact the BNRC @ (204) 729-2494 or www.bnrc.ca
Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly indicates how you meet the qualifications.