Home > About Us > Careers
Careers and Volunteer Opportunities
Careers and Employment
Fresh Start receives employment applications on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in more information please contact Florence Halcrow at (204) 729-2490 ext. 107.
BEEP currently has a waiting list for carpentry employment training opportunities. For more information please contact Joseph Mamuric at (204)729-2490 ext. 102.
Carpentry Training Foreman
The Construction Foreman reports to the BEEP Construction and Training Manager and is responsible for supervising staff while ensuring project completion. The goal of our program is to provide a positive hands-on construction training opportunity to individuals who have previously experienced barriers to employment. The BNRC requires an individual with an extensive experience in the trade and is looking to partially remove themselves from the tools and focus on sharing their knowledge to individuals who are starting in construction.
The position will be a full-time term position with a minimum term of six months at 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate will start their employment on November 1, 2021 or sooner.
- Journeyman Carpenter preferred or equivalent experience with ability to become a designated trainer within the first three months of employment.
- Proven work experience in framing, window replacement, flooring, siding, and other common new and retrofit construction jobs
- Expert knowledge of all facets of construction process from building products, blueprints, construction details, rules, regulations and quality standards
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver?s license
- Certification required (or willingness to obtain): Fall protection, CPR, WHMIS
- Excellent time and project management skills to prioritize workload to meet competing demands
- Strong communication skills and respect for others
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Effective conflict and crisis management skills
- Provide leadership, supervision, and a positive carpentry training work environment for all program participants.
- Provide a team approach to on the job training, mentoring and life skills support for all program participants.
- Supervise training job site from conception to completion while working in partnership with key organizations.
- Coordinate material ordering and material management on the job sites.
- Coordinate and direct subcontractors.
- Provide hands on construction training ensuring quality control and monitoring compliance with building and safety regulations while meeting contractual requirements.
- Review job site progress daily and plan ahead to prevent problems or resolve any emerging ones.
- Maintain inventory control of tools, equipment, and building materials.
- Schedule required maintenance of tools, equipment, and project vehicles.
- Ensure all workplace safety and health practices are maintained on job sites.
- Maintain high level of customer service.
Salary: Dependent upon previous experience and qualifications.
Terms: 37.5 hours per week.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Please send resume and cover letter by Email to: email@example.com
Mail or Drop off to: BNRC 440 Rosser Ave. Brandon, MB R7A 0K3
For more Information call BNRC at (204) 729-2490 ext. 102
Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly indicates how you meet the qualifications.
The BNRC accepts board applications on an ongoing basis and fills positions as needed as outlined in our Bylaws. For more information on how to be a part of our leadership team, please read the info link below. If you are interested please fill out an application and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org