Home > About Us > Careers
Careers and Volunteer Opportunities
Careers and Employment
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - BRANDON NEIGHBOURHOOD RENEWAL CORPORATION
Are you a leader who takes pride in work supporting our community? Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation (BNRC) is looking for an individual with strong leadership and management skills to join their team. Working collaboratively with the Board, the Executive Director is accountable for achieving the organization strategic goals and ensuring excellence in the delivery of programs and services to the Brandon community. Apply today if you are a community-minded person who is driven by the need to make a difference.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of programs, services, and special projects.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain staff by implement orientation and performance management process.
- Build partnerships in new service areas, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- Expand local revenue generating activities to support existing program operations and service expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior management role or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work standard 37.5 hours work week, may require working flexible hours to accommodate activities and events.
- Competitive wage scale offered.
- Health and dental benefits.
- BNRC RSP plan.
- Opportunity for professional development.
- An inclusive workplace with a focus on work-life balance.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Rob Starkell at email@example.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation (BNRC), as a non-profit organization, strives through advocacy, capacity building, provision of knowledge and sustainable funding from various sources to challenge and empower all citizens of the neighbourhood. BNRC supports the community in Neighbourhood Capacity & Empowerment, Housing & Homelessness, Economic Development, Crime and Safety, and Recreation, Arts, Leisure & Wellness. BNRC envisions a vibrant, healthy, sustainable community neighbourhood of empowered stakeholders, successful community projects and partnering organizations. BNRC is committed to provide a respectful, collaborative, and inclusive work environment for all employees. For more information, please visit their website https://bnrc.ca/.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.
Fresh Start receives employment applications on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in more information please contact Florence Halcrow at (204) 729-2490 ext. 107.
BEEP currently has a waiting list for carpentry employment training opportunities.
For more information please contact Sonika at (204)729-2490 ext. 102.
Carpenter Trainee - BEEP Program
Who We Are:
We are a construction and training program that fosters learning through hands on job site training.
Carpenter Trainee (6-month term with possibility of extension).
BEEP Director of Construction Operations and Beep Supervisor.
Hands on carpentry including concrete, framing, exterior finishing, drywall, painting and other tasks as assigned.
Maintain a safe and clean job site.
Willingness to learn.
Be on time everyday.
Must currently be unemployed.
Interest in the construction industry.
What we do for you:
Help work towards educational goals.
Obtain, maintain, or work towards a learners or drivers license.
Use support systems to address barriers to employment.
Develop skills and attitudes to help find employment.
Wage starts at $11.90 per hour.
To apply, please contact us at 204-729-2490 ext. 102 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brandon Energy Efficiency Program, through the Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation, is funded by:
The Manitoba Government
The Government of Canada
The BNRC accepts board applications on an ongoing basis and fills positions as needed as outlined in our Bylaws. For more information on how to be a part of our leadership team, please read the info link below. If you are interested please fill out an application and email it back to email@example.com